Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Why the wait?
Yesterday started the first track and field practice for most of us. As natural as it came some team mates and I wanted to go to weisenfluh dining hall. Little did we know was that Weisenfluh is only open for 3 hours a day. As we got into the doors we expected hundreds of students chowing down, but we were shocked to find an empty dining hall with no existence. But why? I asked. I was starving after a first days hardwork of practice and wanted to enjoy a nice meal but instead I got a stressful appetizer. Then, we were told that the only dining halls open for dinner would be rockie's or boozel dining hall. I was outradged, thinking there are so many input of students this year, how in the world is rockies and boozel going to compasitate all of the students? We decided to go to boozel, however, I was not very happy about it. There were so many people still at boozel at six o'clock in the evening. Waiting in long lines, and the clostrophobic of so many people surrounding it is a sespool for sickness and aggravation. For there being a swine flu outbreak and us being the target age for this flu, with so many students in these dining halls surrounded by finger foods and tables that i visualy seen that never got cleaned. I feel that any avaibable dining hall on campus should be open for every meal of the day, bottom line. Especially since there are a high amount of students enrolled here at Slippery Rock University.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

With so many people in need of jobs with the economy an easy fix if the funding is available is to have someone clean the tables and that be their only job. During the week I always see someone cleaning the tables. So why not on the weekends when it can be just as busy? In large areas where there is a lot of people and interaction it is important that we use good hygiene skills especially.
ReplyDeleteI also am disappointed that Wisenfluh is not open for dinner. Boozel dining hall can get really crowded between 6-8pm. The one time I was there, there were no cups or spoons available. That's when you know it is too crowded. Lines were ridiculous and people would be in there for an hour or two. The university has allowed more students in this year and not having Wisenfluh open for dinner has created a problem for Boozel during dinner hours. So please SRU, open up Wisenfluh for dinner.
ReplyDeleteI agree. Why would you have an empty dining hall and not open it for all of the meals of the day? I may understand not opening it for breakfast since fewer students actually go out of their room and eat it, but still no dinner? There are many students on campus that would love to get some extra money by working, and I am sure there are full time employees that would love to gain some more hours or get hired for the first time to work here at SRU.
ReplyDelete