Thursday, September 17, 2009

Elimination Games

Today in my movement education class, we learned how to play musical chairs without elimination. The twist was we used hula-hoops instead of chairs. At the beginning there was enough hula-hoops for everybody, but soon our professor took away most of the hula-hoops. The objective was that more than one student could fit in the hula-hoop at a time when the music stopped playing. However, I still felt that this game was eliminating individuals because some people were crude enough in my class to push away other students as if they were acting out as younger children, but in all reality this is how most younger aged students would act. I feel that musical chairs is not a good choice at any time, and it leads to students being sneeks and cheaters.

1 comment:

  1. I don’t know about sneaks and cheaters but personally I think that we should have more elimination games in school. Yes it seems unfair but that’s called life. It’s just like going to get a job, you could be on of 10 or more people called for an interview but only one will get the job. The employer will want the best while the other are eliminated so to speak. If kids were more prepared for situation like this that would make them understand why it is important to work hard not to teach them that everyone’s a winner because not everyone is.

    ReplyDelete